Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18 Forms Taijquan
rh.rh Offline

18 Forms Taijquan
Hello All.
I Have bought "The 18 Forms" and the "Wudang Cream Taijquan" DVD's by Master You Xuande. Is the 18 Forms on the DVD the same as in the Academy's curriculum?
I am planning to spend 1-2 months at the Academy next year and would like to start learning the basics if they are the same form.
Any information would be appreciated

Best Wishes

P.S. What is the Wudang Cream Taijquan?
10-31-2009 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hu_shi_yuan Offline
Administrator

RE: 18 Forms Taijquan
I think there is something wrong with the name translation. In China some video companies do not have professional working staff who have enough knowledge in the Kungfu field. So they use some web dictionary or anything handy to translate the name without later checking procedure to guarantee the quality. So, the name Wudang Cream Taijquan sounds very strange even to our "insiders." But I think maybe it is a form set we are teaching now and the possibility can climb up to 80%. Why, you may ask? You Xuan De, you know, once stayed in our academy and began his study very earlier. He may created some stuff but the ground stuff should be based upon the things in ready frame.

Our advice: please do the practice and it can help lay a good foundation.

Site Webmaster & Working staff of Wudang Taoist Kungfu Academy
11-06-2009 06:18 PM
rh.rh Offline

RE: 18 Forms Taijquan
Thankyou hu_shi_yuan,

Both forms contain steps from Old Frame Taijiquan, Free Palm, Soft Palm, Five Elements Techniques,Form and Will Boxing and Eight Diagrams Palm. They appear to be a "Wudang version" of the "Official Chinese Simplified Taijiquan", as you say translation is often difficult. I will continue to practice the Eighteen-Forms as I find it a challenge.

Best Wishes, Roy
11-08-2009 09:04 AM