Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Study medical herbalism
dragh Offline

Study medical herbalism
I have strong interest in study medical herbalism. By visiting your webpages I found your school has herbalism syllabus and a herbal garden in preparation. Can you please good enough to provide more details in this regards. Many thanks!
03-30-2010 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hu_shi_yuan Offline
Administrator

RE: Study medical herbalism
Yes, you are right. Mount Wudang is a treasure house for medical herbs due to its climate condition.—much rain supply and forest coverage. The great medical herb master Lee Shi-zhen in Ming Dynasty once visited Wudang to pick herbs for the writing of his book An Outline Treatise of Medical Herbs.

It has been our dream to construct a herbal garden in Wudang and let students to learn the related study. Today, it is becoming a reality. We are moving to a new Taoist temple where a large piece of land is ready for us to work upon. So, in this Spring we are digging the medical herbs available on the mountain and bring them into the garden. So, from June on we can have them ready and all students who come to study kungfu and Taoism can have the chance to learn medical herbalism (how to plant herbs, how different herbs grow, when to pick the fruits or roots for making herbal clips, which kind of disorder each herbs can be used to treat alone or in combination with other herbs.). Finally, the herb number may total around 200 - 400. So, it is a wonderful experience and we think many students would like to study such subjects. In addition, the journey into wildness to pick herbs is also in plan and we plan to arrange such journey twice every month.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2010 10:50 AM by hu_shi_yuan.)
03-31-2010 12:16 PM
peteraugusts Offline

This is very nice course you have choosen. It will learn the methods of study of medical herbalism, to five important categories of herbal action, and to some uses of herbs in chronic or minor self-limiting illnesses. It also focuses upon the characteristics of each herb in four seasons, how to pick, how to process, how to make concoction, how to use them in combination to treat common disorders.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2010 04:39 PM by peteraugusts.)
04-09-2010 04:39 PM
lailacruz30 Offline

My mother also wanted to have a knowledge about the herbal that can cure. Because she knows that medical herbalism is today a sophisticated system of natural medicine using plant extracts and herbs to help treat physical and mental disorders.
04-17-2010 03:35 PM
Vega Offline

As I can't make it to Mt. Wudang, I would love to read and see more of your herb gardens and your teachings. Have you thought about harvesting the seeds or small start-ups from these herbs and selling them for others to enjoy across the world?
04-21-2010 06:07 AM
vincomgo Offline

How long do u plan to stay there???I've been there next year,hope that can helpSmile
----------
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2012 10:49 AM by chris.)
06-11-2010 11:49 AM
Wallace2010 Offline

Cool...Hey guys.I am new here.Nice to meet you all guys.Hope to have fun with you here.
06-14-2010 12:25 PM
intel53 Offline

Hi,

In response to Dim, if medicine and medical herbalism are " are two very different approaches to the same thing", surely that´s exactly why they should be compared? i.e, does one work better than the other.

And if the purpose of medical herbalism is to treat medical conditions, surely 500 clinical hours is not enough to teach anyone to diagnose, well basically anything.

I have no doubt that medical herbs are pharmacologically active, but if you study herbs for 4 or 5 years, 500 clinical hours does not teach you clinical medicine/diagnosis. If that was the case, you could take any qualified pharmacist, give them 500 clinical hours and they would be a doctor.

500 hours would be equivalent to about 2.5 months of an internship (assuming people are only working 48hrs per week)
08-06-2010 09:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Merchant Offline

hi..
Herbalism is a traditional medicinal or folk medicine practice based on the use of plants and plant extracts. Herbalism is also known as botanical medicine, medical herbalism, herbal medicine, herbology, and phytotherapy. The scope of herbal medicine is sometimes extended to include fungal and bee products, as well as minerals, shells and certain animal parts.[1] Pharmacognosy is the study of medicines derived from natural sources.thanks
08-25-2010 06:16 PM
christinejoseph Offline

(08-25-2010 06:16 PM)Merchant Wrote:  hi..
Herbalism is a traditional medicinal or folk medicine practice based on the use of plants and plant extracts. Herbalism is also known as botanical medicine, medical herbalism, herbal medicine, herbology, and phytotherapy. The scope of herbal medicine is sometimes extended to include fungal and bee products, as well as minerals, shells and certain animal parts.[1] Pharmacognosy is the study of medicines derived from natural sources.thanks

Helpful answers, you have done research post by defining Herbalism correctly.
10-23-2010 12:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply