Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which are the nice kungfu schools in Wudang that I can learn authentic Wudang kungfu?
dongfeng Offline

Which are the nice kungfu schools in Wudang that I can learn authentic Wudang kungfu?
I want to go to China and study authentic Wudang kungfu, but I checked the Internet and found there are many many schools offer kungfu teaching program and lots of Wudang kungfu masters there teaching their skills. I feel confused a lot. How to know which one is good for me and which one is not good for me. Anyone can offer me some help?

I also heard some kungfu schools you should do best to avoid like to eascape a pitfall because they use very young kids or young students to teach while their masters rest to enjoy their days. They just cheat for money (My friend told me there is one school close to purple heaven palace does such things). So, any suggestion or advice are appreciated in advance!
01-02-2013 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JustingField Offline
Administrator

Which are the nice kungfu schools in Wudang that I can learn authentic Wudang kungfu
Yes, please be careful when you plan to go to Wudang to study kungfu because there are many schools there. My friend Rafael went to one school close to Purple Heaven Palace (http://www.wudang.org) in 2010 and felt very disappointed with their teaching style and teaching contents. Such kungfu should be termed as 'kungfu form set dance' and he wondered what the use is to remember such rigid form sets. The worst thing is they did not have qualified teachers and they used kids aged 16 - 18 to teach foreigners. It is a total undisguised cheating for money and they bragged this as 'core of Taoism'
01-14-2013 11:11 AM
DavidFinch Offline
Administrator

Which are the nice kungfu schools in Wudang that I can learn authentic Wudang kungfu
Yes, one of my friend's friend also studied TaiChi there (http://www.wudang.org) and told my friend there were nothing worth studying there beyond the beatiful environment and temples around. They repeat the movements sets again and agian and you do not know how to apply these movements. In practical fighting you have to flee away because you have to reflect the movements you learnt. The administration is a total mess and no people care about you and you have to doubt about your purpose of such studying. He suggested to lodge into a hotel up on the mountain and go hiking is more ideal option and stop to dream in daytime.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 11:23 AM by DavidFinch.)
01-14-2013 11:23 AM
Dunethe_Lee Offline
Administrator

My boy friend studied there (http://www.wudang.org) and did not feel good with the teaching there. They refused to refund any money (he paid one month when he arrived) when he totld them he wanted to leave after studying there five days. Then you can imagine what happened next, quarrel, intimidation, ... at last my friend left with hatrid................
01-14-2013 11:31 AM